Friday, June 22, 2012

Day One at WLT 2012 Writer's Conference

What an incredible day! This is my first writer's conference and after just one afternoon, I feel my money was well spent. Sure, I've finished my manuscript. I've had others read it. And I've revised it countless times. And yeah, I've sent out a few query letters (I've revised those more times than the manuscript!). But in just one afternoon listening to an agent give her tips on querying and pitching, my eyes have been opened.

Jennifer Laughran gave great insight on what an agent wants to know about your book in your query letter. I took her handout and rethought my approach to pitching and querying. Actually, she made it more relaxed, and I wasn't expecting that, so that was quite nice. She answered everyone's questions and used references that all of us could understand and relate to. She also received great praise from authors on this evening's Opening Panel. If you have a chance to hear her speak, I highly recommend it.

Thank you, Jennifer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment