Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My first sci-fi short story published

Hi everyone!

I am new to blogging and this is my very first one. For those of you that don't know me, I am an aspiring science fiction/fantasy writer. I have two manuscripts completed. One is science fiction and the other is fantasy. Both manuscripts are geared toward middle grade readers. I also write short stories and comic books when I can, and I received wonderful news (an early Christmas present you might say). My very first sci-fi story I submitted was accepted. It's up on Aphelion, a sci-fi webzine. Here's the link: http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/shorts/2011/12/FreshMeat.html. I'm so excited.

I hope this is the beginning of something new. What a great way to end 2011 and begin 2012. I'm working on submitting query letters to literary agents. As I go along, I'll share my journey with you. I'm a member of Writer's League of Texas here in Austin, and I took the plunge and signed up for the Writer's Conference in June 2012. Hopefully, I'll get my "15 minutes" with an agent and can pitch one of my manuscripts.

That's about all for now. I'm really happy about the short story and my writing plans for 2012. It's going to be a great year.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment