Saturday, January 14, 2012

When you're active, you learn so much

In just one month (this first part of January), I've done so much to help me and my writing. I've joined the Writer's Digest community to gain more incite on the mechanics of writing and getting published. I've researched information on the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) and looked into the Austin chapter to see when and where they hold their meetings. I've also reviewed accepted query letters to see what those writers did right that got them noticed by agents. Whew! That's a lot in only two weeks. But it's been well worth it. Most importantly, I learned the difference between middle grade and young adult fiction. Now I know which group my science fiction story belongs to (young adult) and which my fantasy story belongs to (middle grade).

Wow, I'm so jazzed to keep learning so my writing just gets better. When you jump out there and get involved, you can get overwhelmed. But remember to pace yourself, find those things that apply to your type and style of writing and, most importantly, hold on and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment