Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Expand Your Writing

I love comic books, always have. I enjoy the visuals that comic books provide. I could definitely learn more about comics, and I try by visiting local comic shops and learning what's hot and new. So you can imagine how bummed I was to have missed Comic-Con 2012! I love G4tv and didn't realize that DirecTV doesn't carry the G4 channel until it was too late. So I had to catch up on g4tv.com. But it wasn't the same as getting those live reports. Wow! Point is, I've expanded my writing from novels to comics. I've had to learn the format of how to write comic books, giving direction to the illustrator (since I don't draw) and writing short, to-the-point dialogue. It's been a learning experience and a lot of fun.

So what am I going to do to continue expanding my writing? I have an idea for a sci-fi horror film script. Now I'm researching how to write scripts, lay out plots, develop log lines. There's a lot to learn. But it's giving me new insight into how to describe visually stunning scenes, so I believe it definitely helps improve my novel writing as well.

Branch out, expand your writing and see where it takes you. You might be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment