Sunday, July 29, 2012

Got a Critique Group Together

One of the things many authors suggested at the WLT 2012 Agents & Editors Conference was to have a critique group. Their tips for a successful one:

1. Keep it small
2. Meet consistently
3. Do number 2...consistently

I met a friend at a publishing class I attended in the spring. She and I decided to read each other's stories and help each other along to publication. Then, I met another lady at the conference who was looking for a critique group as well. I introduced the two by email and we have our first meeting this coming Saturday.

And so, our critique group will begin. We're going to exchange story pages, query letters, synopses, whatever it is we want reviewed.

I feel very fortunate to have found these two ladies. Hopefully, all three of us will achieve our goals...PUBLICATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment